If you are taking medication regularly, your doctor may issue a repeat prescription slip. When you are running short of your medicines, please bring the repeat slip to the surgery to hand in at reception or post it to us. For safety reasons we do not take requests for medication over the telephone. Before handing in, please tick the boxes that indicate which medicine you require.
We will prepare a new prescription for you within 2 working days, which can be collected from the medical centre. However if you wish your prescription to be collected by one of the local chemists, please indicate this on your repeat slip. In these circumstances, you can collect your prescription from the chemist you have chosen, but please allow more time for the chemist to make up your prescription.
Additionally, if you prefer, you can fax your prescription request to us on 01271 814768 or email to email@example.com. Or register to use our on-line request service (please ask the receptionist for details).
You can order your repeat medication online and select a pharmacy of your choice for us to send your prescription to electronically. This can be any pharmacy – Just let us know the address & postcode and we can organise this for you.
If you need a blood test, please attend the surgery between 8.30am and 9.30am, this clinic is operated on a first come, first served basis, or you can book an appointment on a Tuesday between 12-1pm or on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 2-3pm. If your doctor has requested a “fasting blood test”, then please do not have anything to eat or drink, except water, from midnight the night before you plan to attend for the test.
If you have recently had some tests, then you can phone reception for your results. Please phone after 11am, when reception will have more time to deal with your enquiry. Please allow enough time for the results to come back.
Results will only be given to the specific person to whom the test applies, or to a parent if the patient is a child. The receptionists are not trained to interpret results, but can pass on any comments made by the doctor.
Sometimes test results are returned to us in more than one batch. In these circumstances it is possible that the results received first are normal, but results received later are abnormal. Therefore it is important that if the Doctor has asked you to return to review the results that you remember to make an appointment.
Essential Services, and these cover:
- The management of patients who are ill or believe themselves to be ill, with conditions from which recovery is generally expected, for the duration of that condition, including relevant health promotion advice and referral as appropriate, reflecting patient choice whenever practicable.
- General management of patients who are terminally ill.
- The management of chronic disease in the manner determined by the practice, in discussion with the patient. Additional Services, and these cover:
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services (excluding intra partum care)
- Minor surgery procedures.
Enhanced Services, and these cover:
- Childhood immunisations
- Influenza and Pneumonia vaccinations
- Minor Surgery
- IUCD Fitting
- Near Patient testing
- Anti-coagulation testing
Our Practice Nurses are available from 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday. We run an appointment system for our nurses, so please speak to our receptionist to make an appointment. Alternatively, if you just need advice from the nurses, ask reception to pass a message to the nurse on duty, and they will return your call when they are available.
Services offered by the Practice Nurses:
- Childhood Immunisations
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- Family Planning
- Chronic Disease Review Clinics
- Wound Management
- Leg Ulcer Care
- Vaccinations – including Flu, Pneumonia, and routine boosters. We also provide Travel Vaccinations and are a registered Yellow Fever centre.If you are travelling abroad and think you might need some vaccinations before you go away, please book in with the Practice Nurse for a ‘Holiday Chat Appointment’. Please take a look at our Holiday Vaccinations – Practice Information Leaflet to find information on Vaccinations and their prices. To find out more about travel vaccinations and the recommendations for the country you are visiting go to Fit for Travel at www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.ukor contact MASTA on 0870 6062782Private Holiday Vaccinations – Certain vaccinations recommended for foreign travel are not covered by the NHS and will need to be paid for privately by the patient in advance. These include Yellow Fever, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Japenese Encephalitis and Meningitis ACW&Y. Ask the Receptionist for up to date information on prices.
- New Patient Checks
- Health Promotion – including smoking cessation, weight advice, stress/lifestyle, BP checks
Holiday Vaccinations – Practice Information Leaflet
If you are travelling abroad and think you might need some travel vaccinations please book an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your requirements.
You will need to book your appointment with the practice nurse at least 8-10 weeks before you are due to depart. Please speak to the receptionist with regards to booking this appointment.
At this appointment the practice nurse will discuss your requirements and check the vaccinations you have already received. If possible she will administer your vaccinations at this appointment.
Private Holiday Vaccinations – Certain vaccinations recommended for foreign travel are not covered by the NHS and will need to be paid for privately by the patient. These include:
|Vaccination||Course||Cost Per Injection|
|Hepatitis A (Havrix)||Course of 2 inj||£35 per inj|
|Hepatitis B (Engerix B)||Course of 3 inj||£25 per inj|
|Hepatitis B – Child (Engerix B Paediatric)||Course of 3 inj||£22 per inj|
|Japanese Encephalitis (Ixiaro)||Course of 2 inj||£95 per inj|
|Rabies (Rabipur)||Course of 3 inj||£52 per inj|
|Yellow Fever (inc. certificate) (Stamaril)||1 injection||£67.50 per inj|
|Meningitis ACWY(Menveo)||1 injection||£46 per inj|
|Cholera (Dukoral)||Course of 2 oral doses||£20 per dose|
You will be required to pay for most vaccinations when you attend your appointment, however some must be paid for in advance as they will need to be ordered for you. Payment can be made by cash or cheque payable to Caen Medical Centre.
To find out more about travel vaccinations and the recommendations for the country you are visiting go to Fit for Travel at www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk or contact MASTA on 0870 6062782