Dear Patients of Caen Medical Centre
We hope you and your family are in good health.
Our community, like those all around the world, has been through a lot over recent months, and we all look forward to resuming our normal lives.
We want to give you an update on the service and availability here at the practice. We have continued to operate during the pandemic, indeed we are busier than ever, but we have had to adapt to new restrictions.
We continue to ask that you do not attend the practice if you do not have a pre-booked appointment. This is likely to be the way we manage things in the future becoming the “new normal” service.
Please do not visit the practice if you, or anyone you have been in contact with have any symptoms of coronavirus, no matter how mild. Instead, Please visit nhs.uk/coronavirus, or call 111 for advice on testing, isolation & treatment.
If you would like an appointment or advice from a doctor or nurse or administrator, instead of telephoning us please click on ‘Contact your Doctors Online’. You can then fill out a short online form, known as an eConsult, which will enable us to decide how best to help you. eConsult is also available on the NHS app. You will normally get a response the same day, but always by the end of the next working day. By consulting online you avoid the phone queue, you help protect staff and patients, and you enable us to prioritise the care of patients who need it most. Our phone lines are still open if you do need to call, and a member of our administration team will assist you to complete an eConsult.
If you need to contact us about a patient who is less than 6 months old, please continue to telephone the practice.
Our practice follows infection control guidance from our governing bodies, for the safety of our patients & staff. So you may see some changes when you next visit the practice.
If you are asked to attend the practice:
- Please wear a face mask when entering the practice.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided
- Please do not bring unnecessary bags & coats
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- If possible , please attend the practice alone
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please stay more than 2 metres away from our staff & other patients, except when with your clinician.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
Thank you for your patience & understanding.
The Team At Caen Medical Centre